Update as of 1/14/20: This position is open to fill in 2021
Hamtil Construction is a well-established residential design-build remodeling firm located in Saint Louis County. We focus on creating dream spaces for our clients. We are seeking someone to add to our select team of professionals for the position of Remodeling Laborer & Apprentice. This is an entry level position, but it does require some previous experience. The position we are offering is for a full time employee, paid by payroll with a W2 (not a 1099). The position requires a minimum of 1 year of experience in construction, preferably in residential remodeling or a carpentry trade. We are looking for a hard working individual who desires to gain well rounded experience in the residential remodeling field.
Below are a few reasons why you should consider joining the Hamtil team:
- We pride ourselves on our professionalism. Our customers respect our work and their consistent 5-star reviews, and 99% customer satisfaction rating reflects this.
- We foster a positive work environment where input is valued and appreciated, and learning new skills or improving on already attained ones is encouraged.
- In an industry marked by fluctuation we offer a steady 40 hours a week, year-round. Paid vacation and paid holidays start on the first day of work.
- Our company is highly organized.
- We offer a competitive wage and pay is faithfully direct deposited into your account weekly.
We are looking for a team member who values quality craftsmanship, has an eye for detail, is organized and appreciates collaborating with fellow team members. You will work directly with the production team through all phases of a project, from demolition to completion.
Duties include, but are not limited to, basic construction labor, lifting heavy items, and assisting an experienced carpenter. This position will provide opportunity for advancement and apprenticeship in the remodeling trade. We focus extensively on teaching and training employees. Employees perform a wide variety of tasks, from demolition all the way through trim work and final punch list. Working with us long term, an employee will become very well rounded in many aspects of remodeling, which will be an asset to themselves. We believe in completing work with a superior level of craftsmanship, and emphasize safety for employees.
The choice candidate for this position should possess the following qualities and meet the prerequisites:
- 1 year minimum construction experience, preferably in residential remodeling or a carpentry trade.
- Must be able to read a tape measure, swing a hammer, and use some power tools (cordless drills and a circle saw).
- Willingness to learn and a strong work ethic.
- Willingness to help provide a high level of customer service satisfaction.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with our team and clients.
- Willingness to follow direction of leadership and managers. Must have a capacity to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Be focused on executing profitable production activities, which support the goals of the company. Be willing to accept responsibility for the efficient and profitable use of the company’s time, manpower, and materials on each project as included in the project estimate spreadsheets.
- Be a part of ensuring that the image of the company is supported by the appearance and activities of the teams and job sites. You must be able to represent yourself and our company professionally.
- Must be able to maintain a clean worksite and take care of an occupied home worksite (we put a lot of emphasis into protecting our client’s homes). If you are not willing to work hard to keep a very tidy jobsite, do not apply!
- Comfortable with technology, mainly mobile devices. We are a tech savvy company.
- Reliable and organized.
- Reliable transportation is required, as well as a valid driver’s license, and clean driving record. You may be requested to get a copy of your driving record from the DMV if you are being considered for employment.
- Must be available M-F, 7:30am-4pm. Occasional overtime may be needed to keep a project on schedule.
- Consistent good attendance and on time arrival at work is required.
- Ability to climb ladders, work overhead, carry and manipulate objects of up to 80 lbs for 50 feet.
- Most of our work is indoors, but you must have the ability to work outdoors in typical summer and winter conditions.
- Candidate will be required to provide basic hand tools and work boots. Power tools and other equipment will be provided by the company.
- Zero tolerance for drug use.
Working hours are M-F from 7:30am-4pm, with some days having varying hours. Jobsite locations vary, and may include South, Mid, or West St. Louis County. We do not work in Illinois and typically not further north than Olive Blvd. The position is available to be filled immediately. Compensation is competitive and varies depending on experience and previous work history. We offer paid holidays, paid vacation time, company provided iphone, and a 401(K) plan after 12 months.
If you possess the qualifications listed above, and don’t want to miss this chance, please submit your information and resume below. A complete resume should include experience and work history, references for 3 past employers, and your contact information. We will not contact your past or current employers without your permission. Please note that we perform thorough background checks on past employment, criminal background, and driving history.
We look forward to hearing from you!