Careers: Lead Remodeling Carpenter
Hamtil Construction is a well-established, residential, design-build, remodeling firm located in Saint Louis County. We create dream spaces for our clients.
We are seeking a Lead Remodeling Carpenter to add to our select team of professionals. This is a full-time position for the right, experienced carpenter.
Hamtil Construction is a dynamic, professional, and growing organization. A few of the benefits of being part of our skilled team are:
- We pride ourselves on professionalism. Our customers respect our work as reflected by our consistent 5-star reviews and 99% customer satisfaction rating.
- In an industry marked by fluctuation, we offer a steady 40 hours a week, year-round.
- Health insurance plan. Options for Dental and Vision.
- Paid vacation and paid holidays start on the first day of work.
- We offer a competitive salary, and pay is direct deposited into your account weekly.
- We provide our team members with an iPhone and a tool and workwear allowance.
- We foster a positive work environment where input is valued and appreciated, and where professional development and growth is encouraged.
About the Position
We are looking for a team member who values quality craftmanship, has an eye for detail, is organized, and appreciates collaborating with fellow team members.
The position of Lead Remodeling Carpenter is available to be filled immediately. Working hours are M-F from 7:30am-4pm, with some variance. Jobsite locations vary, and may include South, Mid, or West St. Louis County.
The Lead Remodeling Carpenter will directly assist the Production Manager with project planning and execution from every step of a remodel from demolition to completion. As our primary company representative onsite, the Lead Remodeling Carpenter will ensure all projects are executed safely and customer relations standards are adhered to.
Duties for the position include, but are not limited to: onsite customer service, project layout, team leadership, subcontractor management, skilled carpentry, and project data reporting. The Lead Remodeling Carpenter position provides opportunities for advancement within project management and the home remodeling industry.
Compensation is competitive and varies depending on experience. We offer a health insurance plan, options for dental and health, paid holidays, paid vacation time, company provided iPhone, and a 401(K) plan after 12 months.
- 7+ years experience in residential remodeling.
- Skilled in customer service satisfaction.
- Reliable and organized.
- Must be able to communicate effectively. This position requires providing daily updates to the Production Manager. Updates include any customer concerns, customer questions, problems, delays, etc.
- Willing to follow direction of Production Manager. Must be thorough in following written and verbal instructions.
- Willingness to learn and a strong work ethic.
- Comfortable with technology, mainly mobile devices. Computer proficiency is also preferred. We are a tech savvy company.
- Background in framing and finish carpentry. Must know how to tape and finish drywall. Must have general knowledge about other specialized trade work, such as electrical, plumbing, and painting.
- Ability to climb ladders, work overhead, carry and manipulate objects of up to 80 lbs for 50 feet.
- Candidate should possess a complete set of hand tools. Power tools and other equipment will be provided by the company.
- Proven ability to supervise and manage subcontractors, including completing layout work, scheduling, and ensuring quality and completion.
- Experienced in managing production workers while simultaneously producing work.
- Ability to train fellow carpenters.
- Ability to properly layout projects from plans and specs provided.
- General knowledge of current building codes. Some knowledge of plumbing and electrical codes would be helpful to make proper decisions for layout work.
- Ability to troubleshoot concerns and remain on schedule.
- Ability to think ahead on a project, and plan accordingly. This means anticipating material that may be needed, tools that may be required on site, and making wise decisions on executing scope of work to positively impact the project.
- Be focused on executing profitable production activities that support the goals of the company.
- Be willing to accept responsibility for the efficient and profitable use of the company’s time, manpower, and materials on each project as included in the project estimate spreadsheets.
- Ensure that the image of the company is supported by the appearance of job sites and activities of the teams. This includes subcontractors.
- Must perform work in a safe manner, be willing to wear protective eyewear, and focus on the safety of others on the jobsite.
- Reliable transportation is required, as well as a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Must be available M-F, 7:30am-4pm. Occasional overtime may be needed for subcontractor management/supervision, or to keep a project on schedule. Consistent good attendance is required.
If you possess the qualifications listed above, and don’t want to miss this chance, please submit your information and resume below.
A complete resume should include experience and work history, references for 3 past employers, and your contact information. We will not contact your past or current employers without your permission. You may be requested to get a copy of your driving record from the DMV if you are being considered for employment. We maintain zero tolerance for drug use.
Please note that we perform thorough background checks on past employment, criminal background, and driving history.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Sign up for career opportunity alerts!
Not ready to apply, but want to hear about future openings? Sign up to get notified.
By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: . You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact
11155 S Towne Sq
Saint Louis, MO 63123