Careers: Lead Remodeling Carpenter
Hamtil Construction is a well-established residential design-build remodeling firm located in Saint Louis County. We are seeking an experienced lead remodeling carpenter to add to our select team of professionals. We focus on creating dream spaces for our clients. The position we are offering is for a full time employee, and requires a minimum of 7 years past experience directly related to residential remodeling.
Below are a few reasons why you should consider joining the Hamtil team:
- We pride ourselves on our professionalism. Our customers respect our work and their consistent 5-star reviews, and 99% customer satisfaction rating reflect this.
- We foster a positive work environment where input is valued and appreciated, and learning new skills or improving on already attained ones is encouraged.
- In an industry marked by fluctuation we offer a steady 40 hours a week, year-round. Paid vacation and paid holidays start on the first day of work.
- Our company is highly organized.
- We offer a competitive salary and pay is faithfully direct deposited into your account weekly.
We are looking for a team member who values quality craftmanship, has an eye for detail, is organized and appreciates collaborating with fellow team members. The lead remodeling carpenter will directly assist the production manager with project planning from demolition to completion.
Acting as our primary company representative, onsite, the lead remodeling carpenter will ensure all projects are executed safely and customer relations standards are adhered to. Duties for the position include, but are not limited to, onsite customer service, team leadership, subcontractor management and project data reporting. The lead remodeling carpenter’s position provides opportunities for personal and professional advancement in the area of project management as it relates to the home remodeling industry.
The choice candidate for this position should possess the following qualities or meet the prerequisites:
- 7 years minimum experience, directly in residential remodeling.
- Skilled in customer service satisfaction. Must be able to communicate effectively. This position requires providing daily updates to the Production Manager. Updates include any customer concerns, customer questions, problems, delays, etc.
- Willing to follow direction of production manager. Must have a capacity to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Proven ability to supervise and manage subcontractors including the ability to complete layout work for them and anticipate the impact of their work upon the project at large.
- Experienced in managing production workers, while simultaneously producing work.
- Ability to train fellow carpenters.
- Background in framing and finish carpentry. Must also know how to tape and finish drywall. Must have general knowledge about other specialized trade work, such as electrical, plumbing, and painting.
- Ability to properly layout projects from plans and specs provided.
- General knowledge of current building codes. Some knowledge of plumbing and electrical codes would be helpful to make proper decisions for layout work.
- Adept at troubleshooting issues that may arise on a remodel project.
- Ability to understand and maintain the critical path of project management and the importance of remaining on schedule.
- Ability to think steps ahead on a project, and plan accordingly. This means anticipating material that may be needed, tools that may be required on site, and making wise decisions on executing scope of work to positively impact the project.
- Be focused on executing profitable production activities, that support the goals of the company. Be willing to accept responsibility for the efficient and profitable use of the company’s time, manpower, and materials on each project as included in the project estimate spreadsheets.
- Ensure that the image of the company is supported by the appearance and activities of the teams and job sites. This includes subcontractors. Must be willing to speak up if others are negatively impacting the brand.
- Willingness to learn and a strong work ethic.
- Comfortable with technology, mainly mobile devices. Computer proficiency is also preferred. We are a tech savvy company.
- Reliable and organized.
- Must perform work in a safe manner, be willing to wear protective eyewear, and focus on the safety of others on the jobsite.
- Reliable transportation is required, as well as a valid driver’s license, and clean driving record. You may be requested to get a copy of your driving record from the DMV if you are being considered for employment.
- Must be available M-F, 7:30am-4pm. Occasional overtime may be needed for subcontractor management/supervision, or to keep a project on schedule. Consistent good attendance is required.
- Ability to climb ladders, work overhead, carry and manipulate objects of up to 80 lbs for 50 feet.
- Candidate should possess a complete set of hand tools. Power tools and other equipment will be provided by the company.
- Zero tolerance for drug use.
Working hours are M-F from 7:30am-4pm, with some days having varying hours. Jobsite locations vary, and may include South, Mid, or West St. Louis County. The position is available to be filled immediately. Compensation is competitive and varies depending on experience and previous work history. We offer paid holidays, paid vacation time, company provided iPhone, and a 401(K) plan after 12 months.
If you possess the qualifications listed above, and don’t want to miss this chance, please submit your information and resume below. A complete resume should include experience and work history, references for 3 past employers, and your contact information. We will not contact your past or current employers without your permission. Please note that we perform thorough background checks on past employment, criminal background, and driving history.
We look forward to hearing from you!
11155 S Towne Sq
Saint Louis, MO 63123